DIRECTIONS & TRANSPORT
The main festival site is the Blackwood Recreation Reserve, Recreation Reserve Road, Blackwood, Victoria.
Driving Directions to Blackwood
Blackwood is 80kms from Melbourne. Take the Western Hwy toward Ballarat for about 45 minutes. Get off the highway at the exit that says Blackwood, Greendale & Trentham (C318), then follow signs through the town of Greendale to Blackwood OR Driving from the north: Blackwood is around 10 minutes drive south of Trentham. In Trentham the road to Blackwood has the Cosmopolitan Hotel on the corner.
Public Transport to Blackwood
The nearest railway stations are Woodend on the Bendigo line or Ballan on the Ballarat line. See VLine website for times. From Woodend Station there is a bus to Trentham (timetable here). If you want to be picked up from Ballan Station or Trentham please contact our shuttle bus driver Kath (before the weekend) on 0419507338 to book a pick-up.
From the Airport
You can take an airport bus from Melbourne Airport (Tullamarine) to Ballan township, details here. If you want the festival shuttle to pick you up from the airport bus drop-off in Ballan, please contact our driver Kath on 0419507338 (before the weekend) to book a pick-up.
Within and around Blackwood
There will be a shuttle bus operating during the festival weekend which will make regular trips around Blackwood, including between the festival site and the caravan park.
There are a range of accommodation options in and near Blackwood.
We highly recommend the beautiful Mineral Springs Caravan Park in Blackwood. It offers a family friendly environment with a variety of powered & unpowered camping sites and one onsite rental caravan. Its suitable for caravans, tents, campervans, buses, RVs & motor homes. It has bathrooms & toilets, communal BBQ's & a playground and a communal camp kitchen.
The nearest fuel available is in Trentham (Diesel and ULP only, limited hours) or at the roadhouses on both sides of the Western Highway near Ballan (all fuels, 24 hours).
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
These are due to the conditions of our insurance and existing rules of using the Reserve ground:
- NO DOGS!!!!! Due to the conditions above we absolutely cannot allow any dogs onsite. Unfortunately there can be no exceptions made, other than accredited medical assistance dogs .
- Event organisers are not responsible for any loss or damage to property brought to the Festival by performers and attendees. Entry to the event is with the understanding that patrons are wholly responsible for their own property including musical instruments, bags, money and other personal items.
- Vehicles may not enter festival ground unless camping. There are reserved parking spaces for people with limited mobility available just outside the entrance gate.
- Very large vehicles such as RVs and caravans are not allowed into the festival site. Please contact the Caravan Park to accommodate these vehicles.
- Fires may not be lit except by festival organisers.
- Only patrons with camping tickets are permitted to stay on the Reserve overnight.
- For safety reasons driving around within camping area is not permitted.
- We encourage music to be played throughout the festival, however no amplified music will be presented or permitted after midnight.
- We would appreciate if campers could take their rubbish with them where possible, or at least to bring it to rubbish and recycling areas.
There are some opportunities to volunteer at the festival in exchange for a full weekend camping pass. Please contact us for more information if you are interested.